Moving makes us all sentimental. Unfortunately I'm not very good at expressing my feelings. (it's a good thing I married a psychologist) So to all those I left I hope you know how much I miss you. We have so many memories with all of you.
So, Mike and I talked and talked about all the things we like and dislike about both the old and the new.
Indiana
things we like:
good friends
green
fire flies
butterflies
rolling thunder
great apartment
misty mornings
cherry trees in the spring
fires in the front yard
Purdue golf
cardinals and blue jays
farmers market
u-pick fruit farms
Mystery Diner theatre
dislike:
potholes
roadkill
allergies
poison ivy (I wasn't sure it was a real thing til we moved here)
humidity!!!!!
sekadas! (we moved there the one year out of every seventeen they come out)
locusts
bugs, bugs, bugs
gray winters!
flooding
mold
undrinkable tap water
the Lafayette stink
questionable neighbors (not you Destiny)
Utah
things we like:
temples close
Distribution Center
good friends
family
mountains
outdoor activities
no humidity
(which means a dry towel in the morning)
sunshine!!!!
Cafe Rio
Scrapbook stores everywhere
BYU activities
cools off when the sun goes down
dislike:
brown vegetation (or lack thereof)
extreme dryness
being new
Utah lake stink
And Springville water sanitation stink
cost of living
(I'm sure this list will get longer)
ONLY IN INDIANA:
-people plant fake flowers in their gardens
-sprinklers are only found on a golf course
-no daylight savings time
-different time zones in each county
Crazy crazy Indiana we love you. Crazy crazy Utah we love you.
feel free to add to my lists all those little quirks you only know by living in a place.
7/21/2008
Goodbye, Hello
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I bet it is great to have school done and on to another stage of life. I love your family and hope we can visit all our Utah friends sometime.
Post a Comment