5/06/2009

Coconuts and Strawberries

We got a coconut for fun. The "milk" was gross. But I heard it's good to cook your rice in. The boys had fun cracking it open but didn't care to eat it.

After seeing the boys repulsed reaction to the milk she was no dummy and didn't want to have anything to do with this strange thing.
After 30 minutes of grating, I only got a small amount of coconut. I recommend buying it pre-shaved.

Can I just say, I love summer and strawberries!!!
I made some fresh strawberry jam with some of these!

5 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Yummy!! I love Claire's reaction. We made some strawberry jam as well. SOOOO good.

We'd love to get together anytime!!!

noelle said...

bleh. raw coconut is a bit nasty, but hey. props to you for trying. those strawberries, on the other hand, look delish! mmmm.

Staigerfamily said...

Wow. . . those strawberries look good!! Quite the creative coconut adventure.

Lindsay said...

yum

Denise Christiansen said...

mmmmmmmmmmm!!! strawberries! they are gorgeous! yah i got a coconut last month. thought it would be fun and delicious but the cracking part was almost impossible and then when i finally got to the pulp it was grose! but i still LOVE coconut!