Wahoo! Girls camp was girl's camp. I got to go to girls camp this year as a leader. It was Monday through Friday and it was a looong week for me. But it was worth it. I had some great spiritual experiences and grew closer to some of my laurels.
The pics are all out of order- Above: Helen and I getting ready to go paddle boating. Yes we are both leaders. Commonly mistaken for YW.
The theme was Dr. Seuss- "Oh, the places you'll go" with an emphasis on the temple. The laurel with her ear to a flower is my oldest laurel.
All the stake leaders did an amazing and hilarious song and dance. Two of them even did splits at the end. But I didn't get a picture because who knew old ladies could do the splits!! and I didn't have my camera ready.
My cabin did a "America's got Talent" skit.

The lake we had to hike to was 50 min. away! And needless to say a group of girls (with leaders) got lost on the way back. Fortunately I was not one of them. But hey, what's girls camp without someone getting lost? right?
We had the treat of having Sister Dalton (YW General President) coming to speak to us about the new value of virtue and unveiling a virtue flag at the camp. She was amazing. One of the highlights of the week.
Helen and her sister on the bus going there. She got to bring her little sis from St. Louis.
One of my laurels, Kelsie on the bus ride there. I love Kelsie. Doesn't she just make you smile.
This is my cabin group eating lunch. They had to make their own food and clean up too. They were such great girls and we hardly had any drama. hardly.... (only one of them is in my ward, they switch up the whole stake) I wish I had more pics. So much happened and I had such a memorable week.




0 comments:
Post a Comment