9/16/2010

back in business

So you may or may not have noticed that I have dropped out of the blogging world this summer. Well I have good reason. Lots happened at the beginning of the summer- pool, zoo, parades, festivals, visits, YW activities and then,


the passing of my friend Britney. Losing Britney has been very difficult and I have handled it a bit by retreating inward. Not really wanting to put myself out there that much.

And then, shortly after I got back from her funeral I found out I was pregnant! Which for me, means a lot of being sick. Really sick. So I have been dealing with that too. a.k.a. laying on the couch and trying to keep the kids alive and safe during the summer. Not an easy thing to do. If it wasn't a life sustaining task, it didn't get done. BUT, we are all really excited about having another baby! We can't wait to find out the gender next month! I am 15 weeks and I am still sick, but I have found some medication that makes it bearable. So I am attempting to re-join the living.

So, here are the posts from June and July. In August we went to my parents' house in Boise, but didn't take any pictures because I was concentrating on not throwing up instead. We did do fun things in Boise though: like swimming almost everyday, going to the science museum, golfing, and floating the river! It was so nice to be taken care of while I was there too. Thanks Mom and Dad. Oh and Claire's birthday was also in August. I took pictures on my parents camera so I'll post that when they send me those pics. (can you send me those Dad? :0)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Becca, you're pregnant! Congratulations!

Staigerfamily said...

Welcome back and congratulations! I'm just a few weeks behind you . . . and can sympathize with the feeling sick thing :)
BUT THE END RESULT IS WORTH IT . . . right?
Four kids . . . doesn't that just sound . . . OLD?? :)

Staigerfamily said...

Welcome back and congratulations! I'm just a few weeks behind you . . . and can sympathize with the feeling sick thing :)
BUT THE END RESULT IS WORTH IT . . . right?
Four kids . . . doesn't that just sound . . . OLD?? :)

Andrea said...

Becca,
You have much to celebrate! Building a house, A NEW BABY!!!, Mike passing his test. I'm so happy for you. I'm sorry about Britney and I can't imagine how hard that must be for you still. Thanks for sharing with us. We miss you all!