1/15/2012

The great Christmas of 2011


This year was probably my favorite Christmas ever.  All three of my brothers (and their families) and my parents were here.  Yes, all in my house.  It was so good to all be together.  It is certainly crazy with 10 adults and 10 kids (three of them babies) under one roof.  I'm not even sure how we all fit!  I know it was not easy for my brothers to all come out but I'm so glad they did.  We made memories that I will cherish for years.
I also really got into the spirit of giving this year too and I found really great gifts and was so excited to see everyone open their gifts.
I'm glad I have all these pictures remind me of the memories because it all seemed to go by so fast.
Henry (9 mon.), Truman (5 mon.)
They are pretty close to the same size.  



We had a few jam sessions that were awesome!


The little girls made necklaces.  Or rather,  the moms made necklaces for them.


We also took Eliza and Claire to a princess festival.


Scott playing rock band with Andrew.

(Hannah made this awesome beard)

"Vhat does it look like I'm doin', I'm making tracks!"


Scott and Mike and Andrew and Ethan had fun making a movie too.  This is their tradition every time we see Uncle Scott.  They are so fun to watch.


We also had fun geocaching.


It was hidden on the edge of their school grounds.




The moms hanging out with our babies. 




We went to a local bounce house and had a blast!




Grandpa hung out with the babies.

We missed David.  He was out doing some last minute shopping.  




Claire and Jack


Making the traditional sugar cookies.  Jack wasn't sure he wanted to share with Santa though. 




opening the stockings




 Ethan got a pet from Santa.  It wasn't a dog but it's still awesome.  He named his turtle Geeves.


Andrew had been wanting this game.  We all had so much fun playing it.  
Especially Lindsay and Hannah. We even got Dad in on the action one day!  I wish I had taken a picture of that. (anyone who did, feel free to send me a pic and I'll post it)

Claire loves animals and would love nothing more than to have a puppy.  Santa was so smart and got her this Fur Real puppy that she adores.  It goes everywhere with her.  She named it Snow-cloud.





 Unfortunately David was sick on Christmas morning :0(


Claire loved Uncle David.

I gave Scott and his family a collection of books that Mom read to us as kids.  

Mom gave Dad a published copy of a book he wrote.  They were both crying.  It was the gift of the year. 

Andrew was so excited to give Mike this pair of googly glasses.  Mike loved them.


Grandpa on clean up duty.
We had so much trash Mike had to take a van load to the dump.




 We also went to see the beautiful lights on Temple Square.  It would have been better if it wasn't so cold and crowded, but none the less, it was still gorgeous.


Ethan and Cash were best buds.  
Seeing these two together was honestly one of my favorite things about this holiday.  

Grandpa and Wyatt were buds too.  
Can you tell Grandpa loves the babies and they love him!

Scott gave us a "crokinole kit."  He bought all the material to make the board and the men got to work on it together.  

 (Mike did the french spelling)

(Crokinole is a Canadian game we like to play together)


The babies:  Truman (Scott's baby, age 5 mon.), Henry (age 9 mon.), Luke (Jay's baby, age 12 mon.)

Another memorable thing about this holiday was that we all passed around the flu.  It started with Eliza and went on around to Truman, Luke, David, Jay, Cash, and Wyatt.  We were pretty much doing laundry every day.  It was not fun but everyone made the best of it.  

Thank you every one for a wonderful Christmas.  

0 comments: