
We had a New Beginnings night for the YW with a Ten Virgins theme. We had a presentation about the parable where the Laurels were the wise virgins and the mothers were the foolish virgins. The principle of line upon line was evident to me as I felt the signifigance of the parable a little deeper that night. It was apparent to me the contrast of the spirit when the foolish and the wise virgins were doing their parts. It actually caught me off guard.
I was in charge of the decorations for the night. We used the murals my Mom had painted for her RS activity in December. And I gathered bowls and baskets and pottery for our centerpieces. We put rice in the bowls, beans in the baskets and wheat in the pottery. In some the baskets we put the beans in colored lines. Also we had battery powered tea lights in the rice (you have to look close). And we brought in lamps for a nice ambiant lighting.
It was a nice evening and I hope the girls remember the parable like I will. 



2/14/2009
New Beginnings
(I took these pictures with the lights on so you could see better.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
way cool! beautiful back drop!
we did the 10 virgins for ours too. it was so neat, but we didnt go to all that trouble. we just had the leaders do the presentation. I was the narrator.then for Christmas I was in another 10 virgins and had to sing a solo. it was the night Chelsi had her baby so I was so stressed and nervous! it was so neat though, a great spirit!
Post a Comment