12/09/2009

I recommend

(book one)


(book two)
(book three is coming in 2010)


I recommend reading the "Hunger Games" trilogy. It's my new favorite book. I read it in less than 48 hours because I couldn't put it down. It has a good plot and it makes you think about life in a new way.

And, have you heard about Google Reader? I love it! Any website you read that has an RSS feed will go to Reader when the page is updated. For example, when my friends put up a new post on their blog it goes to my Reader. Or if I'm doing a job search and a new job is posted, it goes to my Reader. It saved tons of time because you don't have to indivually check each blog you read or re-search everytime. Just go to Google Reader and they will tell you what's new since the last time you checked! Go to Google, look for "reader" across the top, then click "add subsription" and enter your favorite blog and websites one at a time.



Next, I recommend you read my funny sister-in-laws blog. She has quite a talent for humor. Reading her posts brightens my day. Her blog address is http://jayandlindsay.blogspot.com/

here's two of my
favorite
posts

In fact, you should add her blog to your Google Reader!


I also recommend, Pandora.com. It's free internet radio. But you get to taylor it to your own likes and dislikes. Check out Eva Cassidy on Pandora. ( I have to give credit to my friend Lindsay who told me about Pandora- Thanks Linz)

And one more: Goodreads.com is a site where you can connect with friends and share books that you enjoyed or didn't enjoy. You can also create reading list of books you've read or would like to read.


Comment and tell me what are your new (or old) favorite things.




3 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

I recommend having a friend like you, Becca. I love you. I also love the bread recipe you introduced us to. I come home this evening to soup and bread bowls, made by Eric. FABULOUS. See you on Monday night?

noelle said...

i agree with friend amy up there. i recommend you. :)

also, yes. love the hunger games series. read the first one last september and was all sorts of angry i had to wait a whole year for book two. then i read book two right when it came out and the ending was even more horribly cliff-hangy than the first. book three cannot come soon enough.

Linz said...

I just read Hunger Games and I loved it. Wish book 3 was already out. I should have waited to read it :)