
After the surgery (five hours later) she was up and walking around
(Don't think I'm a bad Mom, I was trying to keep her still but she wouldn't have it.)

She was in a great mood and being silly that evening

Taking that monster band-aid off four days after surgery was the hard part. That thing was stuck on there so good. The only way to get it off was to drench it in baby oil. Claire did not like the whole process. She struggled and cried and ran away from me tugging at her tummy. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get it off because I had to chase her hold her down dab it with baby oil and tug. Then I would give her a break before she got too out of control. After the bandage was off we gave her a quick bath which she did not enjoy (she usually loves baths). I couldn't get a close up because she was afraid of me and wouldn't let me get close to her. She still has some surgical tape on that will stay on for two weeks. Needless to say, all the tugging and pulling must have mad her sore, she was cranky all evening and wouldn't sleep all night. She seems fine today but well see.




6 comments:
Oh, she is so sweet and cute. I love the video. I love the age she is right now! I think its one of my favorites. So glad she's doing all right and I hope you get some good rest soon!
Poor girl. It seems like she was a trooper about it though. And she is still so adorable!
what a precious little girl! it's great to hear that she is doing so good and things went well! that's kinda funny that she was afraid to let you touch her. I can relate to all this real well. so glad it's over for you both. hope she keeps improving.
Oh poor baby Claire, I wish we were there to give her a little extra love.
That would be so hard to watch your kid go through surgery. Looks like everything went well though. She's adorable!
what a doll. seeing that video of her cute self makes the surgery story even worse.
Post a Comment