So, someone gave us some deer roasts and we had it for dinner tonight. This was the first time I have ever eaten deer and I didn't know what people refer to as a "gamey" taste. I still don't really. I cooked the meat like I do a beef roast, with a package of onion soup mix. I was hoping it would hide this myterious gamey flavor and make me think I was eating beef. I was partially successful, it really did taste like beef roast. But I couldn't get past the psychology of it. Eating deer. I don't know. Mike loved it and the kids had no idea it was deer until they were done so they ate it fine. So I tried tricking myself into forgetting it was deer and it tasted much better. The flavor was fine, and I cooked it so long it wasn't totally tough (the meat was falling apart but something about was still hard to chew) Not bad at all. Do I want to have it again? Not really, but if I had to I could. My brother says deer in the midwest tastes better. I'll have to try that sometime, maybe.



1 comments:
My dad shot a moose once....we seriously ate it for every meal for like 5 years. haha! It is not very good.
Post a Comment